Hello and welcome back to my Christmas Card series 2013. Today I wanted to do something fun with a lot of color and texture. I took the Santa image from the "Color Me Christmas" stamp set and stamped it on watercolor paper in Jet Black StayzOn ink. I took the Real Red ink and my blender pen to color his outfit and the candy cane. I used a black marker to color his gloves and boots and used Crisp Cantaloupe to color his face and added some rosy pink cheeks using Primrose Petals. The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes, it's stamped in Old Olive.
I cut the image and the Season of Style designer paper using the Deco Label Framelits. I used a piece of vellum card stock and embossed it using the Stylish Stripes embossing folder. I mounted the colored image on the vellum with Dimensionals. I cut a piece of Old Olive to just peek out from behind the vellum. Because of the translucent nature of vellum you have to make sure the adhesives you are using doesn't show through, so I used glue dots for the extra hold and placed them underneath the image. I took some of our beautiful Cherry Cobbler 1" grossgrain edge stitched ribbon and tied it around all the layers into a knot. I used a half sheet of Early Espresso card stock and used that for the card base. I really love how this card turned out and will be sure to send it to someone who will really enjoy displaying it!
Thanks for joining me on Day 4 of my CCS 2013!
- Chocolate Chip 8-1/2X11 Card Stock
- Old Olive 8-1/2X11 Card Stock
- White Vellum 8-1/2X11 Card Stock
- 6 X 9 Watercolor Paper
- Color Me Christmas Clear-Mount Stamp Set
- Real Red Classic Stampin' Pad
- Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker
- Deco Labels Collection Framelits Dies
- Cherry Cobbler 1" Grosgrain Stitched Edge Ribbon
- Season Of Style Designer Series Paper Stack
- 2012-2014 In Color Stampin' Write Markers
- Stampin' Dimensionals
- Mini Glue Dots
- Big Shot Die-Cut Machine